How To Play
- Log onto the ScoutWired Minecraft server (minecraft.scoutwired.org) between 00:01 am, Thursday, 13 October 2016 UTC and 11:59am, Tuesday, 18 October UTC;
- As you travel throughout the world, search for the ScoutWired logo. Note down the co-ordinates (X, Y and Z axis’s);
- Take a screenshot of your character with one of the logos. You can have your friends in the screenshot, but only the person submitting the entry is eligible for a prize.
- The use of shaders and texture packs are permitted. No editing, including cropping is permitted.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org listing the co-ordinates for five (5) of the logos and attach the screenshot.
- Every correct entry will then go into a random number generator draw to select the winners.
- Only one entry per user is allowed.
- Not sure how to take or access screenshots? Click here! We suggest hiding the inventory and health bar for taking the screenshot.
- 1st place: ScoutWired blanket badge plus in-game loot of 1 stack of diamonds
- 2nd place: ScoutWired blanket badge plus in-game loot of 1 stack of gold ingots
- 3rd place: ScoutWired blanket badge plus in-game loot of 1 stack of iron ingots
- How to Play instructions form part of the Official Rules.
a. The Competition is open only to:
i. players on the ScoutWired Minecraft server (Minecraft.scoutwired.org); and
ii. who are legal residents of their respective countries where not prohibited by law.
b. Entrants under eighteen (18) years must have permission from their parent or legal guardian before participating.
c. Employees, officers and directors of ScoutWired, its affiliated companies, agents thereof, the immediate family of any such person (defined as parents, children, siblings and husband or wife), or those with whom such person(s) are domiciled, are not eligible to participate.
d. The Competition is void where prohibited.
e. Only one (1) entry per user is allowed.
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES
a. Participation in this Competition constitutes the participant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the ScoutWired Team, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
a. The Competition Period begins at 12:00am, Thursday, 13 October 2016 UTC and ends at 11:59 pm, Tuesday, 18 October 2016 UTC.
b. Submissions that are submitted before or after the Competition Period will be disqualified.
c. Entrants are responsible for calculating the difference in time zones.
- HOW TO PARTICIPATE
To participate in the Competition, entrants should send an email to email@example.com which must include:
a. Entrants must include their in-game character name in their email to be a qualified entry and to allow ScoutWired to contact them to retrieve their prize;
b. the correct co-ordinations of five (5) of the ScoutWired logos found throughout the world on the ScoutWired Minecraft server (minecraft.scoutwired.org); AND
c. upload a screenshot of their in-game character with one (1) of the ScoutWired logos they have discovered as per Submission Requirement as specified in Section 5 below.
- SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
a. All screenshots submitted to ScoutWired as part of the Competition must comply with the following Content Guidelines. Any screenshot that violates these guidelines will not be eligible to be judged or awarded a prize:
b. Content Guidelines
i. The screenshots must:
1. contain only in-game content found in Minecraft;
2. be from the official ScoutWired Minecraft server (submissions from any other server will not be accepted);
3. show entrant’s in-game character near one (1) of the ScoutWired logos in the game;
4. the use of shaders and textures packs is permitted;
5. no editing, including cropping is permitted;
6. not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright or trademark infringement;
7. not in any way disparage ScoutWired, any of its products or services, the competition, or any person or party affiliated with the competition, or alternatively appear to promote any direct competitor of ScoutWired;
8. not contain text or imagery that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libellous (as determined by ScoutWired in its sole discretion);
9. not include threats (expressed or implied) to any person, place, business, or group;
10. not violate the privacy rights or any other rights of any person, business, or group;
11. not name or depict any real life third party without his/her permission;
12. not contain text or imagery that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
13. not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where the screenshot is created.
- Entrants may have other players assist in staging the screenshot but only the individual submitting the screenshot will be eligible to win.
- Winners will be announced on the ScoutWired Facebook page. Winners will be notified by email and in-game mail to enable distribution of prizes.
- By submitting screenshots to firstname.lastname@example.org you are granting permission for these images to be used by ScoutWired in online communications.
- By submitting your screenshot, you understand and agree that ScoutWired has no obligation to publish your screenshot.
- ScoutWired is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, illegible or misdirected screenshots, which will be disqualified/not counted (as applicable), or for any error, whether human, technical or otherwise.
- ScoutWired reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant it finds to be tampering with the operation of the competition, such as using automated submission or image generation/capture software, or to be acting in violation of these rules.
- In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of Minecraft account that is used to register to play the game will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the e-mail address.
- Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the promotion are to be directed to ScoutWired (scoutwired.org).